The following information covers the main talking points that will covered in the class and what you will be required to bring to the class.
Be sure to wear the appropriate clothing for the weather as we will still have the class rain or shine. If weather causes us to delay or cancel a class, we will use the information provided during registration to attempt to notify you as soon as possible.
We usually have handguns available to rent and the ammunition will be provided as part of the rental fee. During the registration process if there are any available you can select which caliber you would like to use. We do not allow you to use your ammunition in our handguns.
Purpose of the Class
- Demonstrate proficiency in safe handling of the handgun to include loading, unloading, storing or securing, and firing the handgun
- Explain the provisions under North Carolina Common and Statutory Law in which the use of deadly physical force would be justified
- Identify the places that handguns may not be carried even in the individual has a Concealed Carry Handgun permit
- Identify the major parts of the revolver or semi-automatic pistol
- Demonstrate proficiency in marksmanship fundamentals
- Handgun (Revolver or Semi-Automatic)
- 50 Rounds of Ammunition (FACTORY NEW)
- Belt and Holster
- Hearing and Eye Protection
- Billed Hat or Cap
- Appropriate Clothing for the weather (Rain Gear, Jacket, Gloves, etc)
Cost for the Class
- .22 ( $20 )
- .380 ( $30 )
- .38 ( $30 )
- 9 ( $30 )
- .40 ( $30 )
- .45 ( $35 )
- Ammunition Included
- Rental is Per Person